Would you truly like to do few days trek?
Regardless of whether you have a couple of days and still need to Annapurna base camp trek, Don’t stress we have a 6 Days Express Annapurna base camp trek
Express Annapurna base camp trek is a short and moderate trek. It is focused for the trekkers who have few days for trek. Express Annapurna base camp Trek you will most likely observe Annapurna first, Annapurna south from the Annapurna base camp and numerous other peaks.It offers the Annapurna Himalayan range mountain view, observation of typical Nepali village, local people their lifestyle, The trek starts from nayapool then New bridge like on on wards.
view from poon hill 3210M, trekkers can see Mt. Dhaulagiri, Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna from here
express annapurna base camp trek goes through spectacular and tranquil landscapes of Kaski, Typical Gurung and Magar villages, rich green Rhododendron, bamboo and elevated woodlands to the excursion’s last and last goal Annapurna base camp. At long last when you are in Annapurna base camp 4130m (13546ft.), from here trekkers can see magnificent and very close view Mt Annapurna 8091m (26545ft), Annapurna South 7219(23684ft), Annapurna III 7555m (24786ft), Gangapurna 7,454m(24458ft) , Holy and excellent mountain 6997m( 22956ft) and furthermore numerous other lovely peaks
Source from Google Map A symbolic view from google earth
Table of contents
Express Annapurna base camp trek, complete information table
Why this trek
Why should Express Annapurna base camp trek is best for trekkers
Even though there are long itinerary for this Annapurna base camp Trek we can make it longer and shorter as well. staying on a time constant of the traveler we had design this Express Annapurna base camp Trek. It is best for the trekker you have a short period in Nepal but they want to see mountain from very close as well as touch the mountain.
Express Annapurna base camp trek is not only popular for the mountain but it is also popular for the local people and their lifestyle as well as culture. you can see different type of the ethnic groups in this trek. in the beginning of the track you will be able to see mix Ethnic group such as brahamin, newar, gurung while in the upper land we can see Gurung people and their tradition and culture. Chomrong and Ghandruk are the biggest village in this route. local from this village run the guest house in Annapurna Base camp and Macchapurche base camp as well as Deurali.
Hot springs on Express Annapurna base camp trek
Awesome! After the cold trek you can finally enjoy here on Hot Springs.
There is a natural hot spring on the bank of Modi River near Jhinu Danda which takes 15 minutes to go there, trekkers can enjoy hot spring which will erase their tiredness of trekking. Locals believe that the waters have a healing quality that eases away your aches and pains.
Why do trekker love this trek
This is the most popular trekking trail of Nepal as well as comparatively less costly than other routes of Nepal.
It has totally beautiful landscapes as well as green forest in each place that you go. Here are some reason why people love to do Express Annapurna base camp trek
- It has a many accommodation and hotel in the route
- People are so friendly in this route of Annapurna base camp
- It is the easiest trekking trail of Nepal where nothing technical knowledge required.
- Trekkers can hire horses as well as porter any time they like
- There are stone paved stairs on the way so it is easier
- Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Mt Annapurna 8091M, Annapurna south 7219M, Fishtail(Holy Mountain 7000M) and many other peaks can be seen within a very short distance
- Trekkers have to pay just ACCAP Permits as well as TIMS Permits which is just 30$
- The highest point the Trek is just 4130M from the sea level
- Most of the hotel, they have a WI-FI
- There is a communication everywhere on this trek route
Express Annapurna base camp route
There are many route to do Annapurna base camp however this is the shortest trek route mentioned here
|1||Pokhara||Jhinu||1800 M, 5900 FT.||7 Hours|
|3||Dovan||Annapurna Base Camp||4130 Meter||7 Hours|
|4||Annapurna Base Camp||Sinuwa||2300M||7Hours|
|6||Jhinu||Pokhara||800 M,2625 FT.||7 Hours|
Which Season is best for express annapurna base camp trek
Nepal is a whole year destination as the country has a wide range of climatic diversity. Nepal has various climate in it’s tiny territory. The extreme heat of Terai Plains to freezing cold of the Himalayas and the pleasant temperate weather of hills and valleys.
The best season to visit Nepal is subjective and depends on your choice of activities in Nepal. Thus Nepal is all time zone.
There are specially four seasons in Nepal: Spring (March-May), Summer (June-August), Autumn (Late September-November), and Winter (December-February). Here is some idea of the season of Nepal.
Spring Season (March- May)
This season starts when the birds sing and the flowers blossom in the forest. In-fact Spring is the most beautiful season of Nepal when the nature opens perfectly
Rhododendron forest during the Spring season near Ghorepani
The green hills of Nepal get the cover shades of blossomed rhododendron of different color. In Everest region there are wide range of white rhododendron, while in Annapurna region pink and purple color of Rhododendron. There are different type of Magnolia flowers that makes a forest white and beautiful. The wild birds and animals come out to relish the blissful spring. This is the best time to view wildlife in Chitwan National Park and bardia national park.
Spring is known as the second best season for trekking in Nepal. The joyful temperature and the beautiful nature make the trekking in the hills a joyful experience.
Winter (December, January, February)
Winter season is a coolest season of Nepal. The temperatures get’s very low in all over the Nepal. The nights can be freezing cold as the temperature falls low after the sunset. Snow fall is common in the Himalayan and upper hilly region of Nepal.
Mountain scenery appeared in the Annapurna Himalayan Range During the Winter season in the morning
This is not a good season in Nepal. However to do tour in Nepal is still fantastic, Short trekking can be still done during the winter season, the tour can be done any time of year.
During the winter season the High passes like Thorung La, Larke la, Kang la, Cho la pass will remain closed during the peak winter season. You need to check the details of the place before you plan winter treks.
Summer / Monsoon (June-August)
Monsoon is most busiest season in Nepal because the most of Nepalese people are involved in Agriculture. The country side is busy for planting rice and other crops for the whole year. In this season people also plant millet for floor in country side.People also harvest corn in this season.
It is a great oppertunity to see Nepalese farms as the farmers sing, play and work together as they plant paddy seedlings.
Paddy filed during monsoon season of Nepal
Visiting in the country side, as well as travelling to the mountain may be disturbing due to cloudy sky, landslides, as well as flood which is common during the period. During this time you can travel talking some good advice and well preparation.
Even this is monsoon season trekking region like Mustang, Dolpa and Simikot are still best zone for trekking during this time the reason is Rain shadow area and do not receive the monsoon rain.
Autumn ( October, November )
This is the best season for the Nepal trek and travel. During this time when most of the travelers visit Nepal to not miss the the glance of Nepal. After monsoon stoops the weather is really cool and the scenery is just awesome that everything is just above the perfect.
During this month there is stable high pressure, giving clear skies, sunshine, warm days and cool nights. The clear skies are great for viewing the beauty of the magnificent mountains.
Mount Manaslu Scenery from the village Lho, Towering in the Height of 8153 Meter, Also known as Japanese Mountain
Thousands of tourist around the globe seek best mountain visibility and adventure trek during Autumn. As a result trekking trails like Everest Base camp, Annapurna base camp, Annapurna circuit trek and many other routes get thousand of tourist. For Adventure trekkers and photographer this is the best season to achieve their targets.
Autumn season is also a great time to visit national park in southern Nepal where the temperature is still cooler. In this period people have a 3 great Festival in Nepal they are namely Dashain, Tihar and Chath. You can see how they celebrate their festival if you visit the Nepal on this perfect season.
Here are some tips for preparation of Annapurna Base Camp Trek, I hope this will give you a general knowledge about how to prepare your entire trip. Here are some Steps.
Trekkers enjoying the view in Machhapurche base camp
Step-1: Calculate your Holiday days and plan what really want to do in Nepal
In this step, you should realize how many days do you have for a Holidays and How many days trek you want to do? You have to Include at least 4 Days in cities, however if you use domestic flights you can shortened your 2 days and rest days are in the trek. You can also figure out the route as per we already mention above, the route you can choose yourself
Step-2: Choose the best flight to Kathmandu
You can see the different airlines that fly to Kathmandu. There are several connecting flight to Kathmandu. You can choose one of them . The price are vary as per standard of the flights as well as transit hour. There are some Airlines Namely Qatar Airlines, Ethihad Airlines, Air Asia, Turkish Airlines, Malindo Air and so many of them
Step-3: Know about the difficulty of the trek
This is moderate trekking so it is not that difficult trekking however because of stairs it needs quite more energy to climb the hill. It does not require any previous experience of trekking however because of a lot of up and down trekkers feel quite hard. During the trekking trekkers will hike to Ghorepani which trekkers get acclimatized at the altitude. It also helps to keep your body good shape for trekking.
Place Name and Height in Meter
Step-4: Decide Which kind of service do you need
After you chosen Annapurna base camp as your trekking trail. You need some assistance to make your trek fruitful and easy. Here are two types of service you can choose one of them. On the basis of following specification you can separate a service you would like to take
1. Full board packages
In this service you would pay long-sum amount to the agency and your agency has to pay everything for your food and accommodation. This is very fascinating that you don’t have to be worry about anything during the trek. Your guide would pay for food and accommodation during the trek. Normally, the drinks are not included in this kind of service. You need to pay for your drinks and beverage. Guide and porter will be assisting you to make your trek easier here. The guide will normally choose your hotel from his past experience. Porter carry your rucksack from hotel to hotel. Permits and TIMS card are added to make your trip legal and safer.
2. Guide Porter service
If you want to pay yourself during the trek which is known as a partial service. This service means you are heaving guide and porter only with you. The guide and porter will assist you to make your trip smooth and successful. Even if you are paying yourself you must take TIMS and Permits with you. which is only issue through the registered trekking agency in Kathmandu.
Step-5: Prepare for the logistics for the trek
In this step you need to prepare that what stuff i am going to take for the trek. you can take the information form your agency. The information about clothing, Food, Health related issue and all the problem that might make you difficult in your trek. Get all information that you need. After all this you can do your trek easily.
Trekking Gears or Trekking Equipment Required
Below are the stuff list for your successful trek. Without the gears it will be too terrible to complete trek successfully. Trekking gears that are mentioned below is your preparedness that you should look before you start your trek. Some of gears you can rent in Kathmandu and pokhara too but we urged to you have it all with you if possible.
Trekking equipment list for body
• Four seasons Sleeping bag -15 would be preferable ( You can even rent here in Nepal we will arrange your sleeping bag however it is better if you have your own)
• Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.(Please bring the rain cover for it)
• Daypack for yourself (Bring the small one where you can put your important stuff as well as drinking water)
• A down Jacket
• Shade hat or Cap
• Warm wool hat to cover your ears
• Sunglasses with UV protection
• Neck warmer
• A pair light weight warm gloves.
• T-shirts 2- 3 pieces quick drying one would be the good.
• Light weight thermal tops.
• Fleece jacket.
• Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
• A pair’s nylon hiking shorts quick drying one
• Two pairs lightweight long underwear.
• Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
• Four pairs of liner warm socks
• medium weight water proof hiking/trekking boots.
• A pair light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
• sandal (Optional) or Flip Flop
Trekking equipment list Medicines and First Aid Kits
• Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
• Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
• Anti-infection ointments
• Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
• Detol, Betadin
• Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
• Diamox 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness.
• 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
Miscellaneous but Important Trekking equipment list
• Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
• Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
• Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
• Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
• Pocket knife.
• Water purification lodine tablets
• filter to filter the water
• Drinking Water Bottle or floatable bottle
• Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Optional Trekking equipment list
• Adjustable trekking poles
• Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
• Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
• Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
Trekking Permits and Costs for trek
To trek to Annapurna Base Camp, you need following two permits and their cost which are mentioned below.
The first one is Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permits. It is because you are trekking inside the Annapurna conservation area project that is why this essential permit. The check post are in Birethanti. If you don’t have it, you can not enter in Annapurna conservation Area.
Where to take this card
You need your passport photocopy as well as passport size photograph to get this permit. If you are going by yourself you can get this permit in Nepal tourism board Bhirkutimandap Kathmandu. But going alone is always danger. please study before you go. The same permit you can get through us in same price but we are responsible for you, of course you have to pay certain charge. The document we need also same as mentioned above.
For SAARC nationals: Nrs.200 (about US $2)
For Others Nationalities: Nrs.3000 (about US $29)
Second is Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) card that costs NRS. 2000 (about US $20). The card is issued through Trekking Agency Association of Nepal for the protection and safety of trekkers. TIMS you can also get through Nepal tourism board as well as Registered Trekking Agency
Food, Accommodation and their Cost during trekking
Tea houses/ lodges cost is cheaper in Annapurna Region, for a Single Night you need to pay around 4-5 USD. This bed are not a private room. It is clear that above Sinuwa you have to share the room with other tourist. There is very limit Number of Guest house it means all you get is Single bed with sharing.
Tourist standard hotels are available everywhere in the route. Before Sinuwa you have many options namely chomrong, Ghorepani, Tadapani where there are many tea houses. Other place there are very limit number of hotels. Some of tea houses seems very attractive but the menu are same, No matter wherever you stay.
Local hotel owner and tea shoppers expect you to eat where you stay. They serve all the meals. There are different food options in Menu you can choose whatever you like. You can have Western food like Pizza, Macaroni, spaghett and many items as well as Dal Bhat Tarkari. Dal Bhat is the big portions of food. For drinks, you can have tea, coffee, flavored hot drinks etc. They sell alcohols as well. For Drinking water you need to bring water purification tablet with you because you can not buy the mineral water here. The villagers are very concerned about the environment that is the reason they have banned the Water bottle
On average, $32 per day will cover three meals, no matter what you choose to eat, and some cups of hot beverage. This budget will not accommodate alcoholic drinks like a Beer, wine, vodka and so on .
Express Annapurna base camp trek Highlights
- Seven hour scenic drive to Pokhara on the way you would see Trisuli river where if you will see rafting
- Beautiful and peaceful Fewa Lake which is one of the biggest lakes in Nepal and in the middle of Lake there is Hindu Shrine
- Enchanting Sunrise view and Panoramic view of Mt. Dhaulagiri to Mt Fishtail from Poon hill (3210m)
- Close up view of Mt Machhapurchhre(6997 meter ie 22956ft ), Annapurna I(8091meter ie 26545ft), Annapurna ii (7995meter ie 26230ft) , Tent Peak(5,663 meter ie 18579ft ), Annapurna Frank, Gandrava Chuli, Hinchuli Peak,
- Eye-catching waterfalls and Modi Khola river, Beautiful terraces with rice field and farm house, Friendly Gurung and Magar people and their hospitality
Express Annapurna base camp trek detail itinerary
Day 01:Drive from Pokhara to Nayapool 1.30 Hours then trek 4.30 hours to Jhinu
we would hire a private vehicle for the drive to reach Nayapool. As we are in Nayapool, we start our trek to Birethanti. In Birethanti we check our permits and TIMS and walk towards modi river banks. We cross the Siwai new bridge to Reach jhinu danda
Service Included: transport, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 02:Trek to Dovan (2600m) 8 Hours
Today, we ascend more than 1 and half hour climb to reach Chomrong (2300m.) from Chomrong we do decent down to Chomrong River then climb up to Sinuwa from there the forest begins untill bambo. Bamboo is the place where there are a lot of plants of Bamboo bushes. From bamboo it is just 1 hour and thirty minutes trek to Dovan. Overnight at Guesthouse
Service Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 03:Dovan to Annapurna base camp
The most beautiful part of this trek begins today from the Dovan. We still walk through the forest until we reach to Deurali. From their the forest get’s smaller as well as we start to see the Mountain range the first mountain we can see is Fishtail and Annapurna III. Likewise we can see so many peaks until we reach to Annapurna base camp
Service Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 04:Annapurna Base camp to Sinuwa
Today after sunrise and heaving fun at the base camp now we go back to the MBC then to Deurali. May be we will do lunch here depends on a time then we go to Sinuwa and stay here.
Service Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 05:Sinuwa to Jhinu
This is very short day of our trek. We just go to Jhinu which takes around 4 Hour and enjoy the hot springs there.
Service Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 11:Jhinu to Pokhara (800 M,2625 FT.) 6 Hours
Today we walk 1.30 hours from Jhinu to Mutkyou from there we take the jeep to go back to Pokhara and relax at Pokhara by your own
Service Included: Breakfast, Accommodation
- Tourist standard accommodation in Pokhara within Bed with Breakfast Plan for 2 Nights
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS permits for Trekking tours
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
4.8 stars, based on 6
reviews from our guest
Regular price of Express Annapurna base camp trek: $600
Price of the Express Annapurna base camp trek $400
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hassle-Free Booking
- Top Class Service
- Client Fully Protected
- Expert Knowledge
- Socially Responsible
- Duration:5-6 Days
Tea house trek
- Trip Style:Tea House
- MealsFull Board on trek
- Altitude4130M ie 13550ft
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
- Route:Pokhara-Nayapool-chomrong, sinuwa, Dovan, Himalaya, Deurali, Annapurna Base camp, Macchapurche base camp, bamboo, Jhinu, Nayapul
Inquiry to us
Annapurna base camp map